Thursday, October 17, 2013

Proxie Models: Defiance Games Warning!


Proxie Models has just shared this unbelievable news about Defiance Games: As of today, I am announcing that I will never have any dealings with Defiance Games in any way shape or form. Simply put, the reputation they have on the internet is well deserved. And the "new" management team can go straight to hell. 

The new management team refuses to pay for products ordered under the old management team. I have shipped 3 large orders to them, costing me hundreds in shipping alone, and not gotten one single penny. The first few months were filled with excuses, but now I have been told to go pound sand. Be very wary of these folks. I am learning all about running a business and this is a very important lesson.




Here's the same version but posted on TMP with more information: I would like to warn people that I have had an extremely unpleasant dealing with the new management. Be very careful about these guys. I am owed a lot of money and I have been informed that the new management will not pay debts owed by Tony. I have a very strong reason to believe the management shift was a shell game to make the kick starter look better. Can't prove it, but have a very strong feeling about it.

This company has been the worst dealings I have had in my limited time as a part time, one man plastic company. I will never work with them again.They had planned for me to make the plastic mech in the kick starter with out ever even talking to me about it. I found out I was the supplier after reading the kick starter and asking who was making it. I told them I would not be making anything for a company that owed me thousands of dollars and was making no attempt to pay. After I was paid for previous product I would be willing to look at the files and see what could be done. Well, they got a pile of money from kick starter and found someone else to make the mech. And they told me weeks ago they would be returning product, but they have not. This is not ok with me, but I have no choice. I would not have made the items if they had not ordered them. Still they have the items in their store, I have no money, and they are setting on almost $50,000 in kick starter money.I am very sorry if this seems to be a bad business move to spread bad news about another company, but I am angry beyond the capacity for rational thought. Be very careful dealing with them.

Make sure to follow Wargame News and Terrain and enjoy the daily updates of exciting wargame news, interesting reviews and useful terrain tutorials.

4 comments:

Robert (Grovel) said...

Does nobody get legally binding guarantee's in this industry? A guarantee won't stop it from happening, but it gives you the power to make sure that the first time it happens is also the last.

Wargame News and Terrain Blog said...

I guess most of the smaller companies often rely on good will and don't have binding guarantee's.

Not sure but looking at the Defiance debacle it seems the case as both of the hit companies seem to be start-ups or small businesses.

Cheers

Alyssa said...

Contracts do not stop this from occurring. We had a contract and they still ripped us off as well.

Wargame News and Terrain Blog said...

Hi Alyssa, I hope the issue is quickly solved with Defiance Games so you can fulfill your Kickstarter project.

Nice of Reaper Miniatures to offer their help but you would still need the funds paid to Defiance Games to do so. Good luck!

Cheers